Saturday, March 14, 2009

So Here We Are Again

Hi, my name is Billy.

Knock, Knock.

Ever since I chased after Ben with a knife, I've been meditating on where I'm at.

Knock, Knock.

It's pretty depressing.

Knock, Knock.

ME: WHAT?

Somehow I knew when I flung open the door, that he would be there.

JEREMY: Are you aware that we've never actually kissed?
ME: Uh, hello.
JEREMY: Are you aware of that?
ME: Very aware, yes.
JEREMY: First you dated Ben.
ME: Then you dated Davis.
JEREMY: Then you dated Davis.
ME: Then you dated Ben.
JEREMY: Now all of that is over.
ME: Which is why you being here--
JEREMY: It seems insane.
ME: --is a bad idea.
JEREMY: Insane. That we have not kissed yet. I mean, what is this Moonlighting?
ME: Isn't that the television show where the couple everybody wanted to see get together got together and then nobody liked the show anymore?
JEREMY: I chalk that up to nobody being able to watch Cybill Shepard in anything for more than a year.

I stepped aside to let him into my dorm room, closing the door behind me.

ME: If this is about what I said--
JEREMY: About still being in love with me?
ME: I was...you and Ben...everything was confusing.
JEREMY: So you don't love me?
ME: It took me a year to fall in love with you. It's going to take a lot longer than that for me to stop loving you. That doesn't mean I'm active in it, in how I feel about you. And after yet another boyfriend turning into an asshole, I really don't want to try my hand at another one.
JEREMY: Davis didn't turn into an asshole; he's always been an asshole. Ben was an asshole too. You're just drawn to assholes.
ME: Is this supposed to be a pep talk?
JEREMY: It's the only reason I can come up with for you not liking me.
ME: Maybe that's why I only fell for you after you turned into your own version of Holly Go-Lightly in New York.

I sat down on my bed.

JEREMY: Are you aware--
ME: Oh my God--
JEREMY: --That I still love you, too?

It sort of shocked me. Not because I didn't think he still felt that way, but because--

ME: We just said we love each other.
JEREMY: Yeah...how about that?
ME: So...
JEREMY: So?
ME: Why haven't you kissed me yet?

I stood up, and got within a few inches of Jeremy. I was looking right in his eyes. I let my hands go up his arms, and my lips moved closer to his as--

Knock, Knock.

JEREMY: You have got to be kidding me.
ME: Let's just pretend that didn't happen.
JEREMY: While we're at it, why don't we undo the Civil War?

Knock, Knock.

VOICE: Billy! Are you in there?
ME: That sounds like Ritchie.

I opened the door to find Ritchie and Nathan looking pretty upset.

NATHAN: Jeremy?
JEREMY: Yeah, I--never mind.
ME: What's going on?

Ritchie and Nathan looked at each other, then at us.

RITCHIE: They just arrested Murray.
ME: Murray?
JEREMY: For what?

Nathan cleared his throat.

NATHAN: For Cal's murder.

Apparently that kiss was going to need a raincheck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where the hell is Paige?!

ps. love the twist! dun dun duuuuun!