Thursday, March 19, 2009

It Happens All the Time

Hi, my name is--

BILLY: Jeremy.
ME: Billy?
BILLY: I can't wait anymore.

Before I knew it, he had slammed the door behind him, pushed me onto the couch, and was tearing my clothes off.

Needless to say, this was not how I expected my Monday night at home to transpire.

We still going at it on the couch when the door opened, and who should come through but--

BILLY: Jackson!
ME: Uh--
MY BROTHER: What the hell are you doing?
ME: What does it look like?

Paige popped her head in the door.

PAIGE: We went shopping! Oh my God, were you guys doing it?
ME: I thought 'doing it' was a retired term.
BILLY: Look, Jeremy and I have--
MY BROTHER: What are you talking about? I'm Jeremy.
BILLY: Huh?
ME: Yeah, about that.

Hey, I never said I was Jeremy. Never assume, kids.

PAIGE: Don't worry. It used to happen to me all the time, and I'm their sister! I'm Paige by the way.
JEREMY: This is horrific.
BILLY: How do you think I feel?
PAIGE: Cold? Considering you're not really dressed?

Billy grabbed his clothes and ran into the bathroom. I pulled a pillow over myself.

JEREMY: Did you even bother trying to stop in?
ME: Jeremy, I swear, he wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise.
PAIGE: You two are running a little gay hothouse up in here!
ME: Up in here? Where have you been living with Mom? Oakland?
PAIGE: PS! Boy in the bathroom?
JEREMY: Billy.
PAIGE: Love him. So cute. What an ass. Okay, dinner time. Who's cooking?

I was trying to gauge how devastated my brother was.

ME: Do you hate me?
JEREMY: Why should I? He's just the love of my life. Everyone else has slept with him except me. Paige, you want to have a go at him?
PAIGE: Um, let me see how I feel after dinner. Anyone want chicken? I could go for chicken.
ME: I'm moving out.

Billy came out of the bathroom and nearly stormed right out of the apartment.

JEREMY: Aren't we going to talk about this?
BILLY: What's to talk about? We're not meant to be. Every time we even try, something horrible happens. You hop a train to New York. Murray gets arrested for murder. I molest your twin brother--
PAIGE: This is so O.C. circa Season Two.

Jeremy put his hand on Billy's shoulder. It was a tender moment. Too bad I was there naked on the couch ruining it the entire time.

JEREMY: We just keep missing each other, I guess.
BILLY: Maybe we're just meant to be missing each other, Jeremy. I'm sorry.

He walked out, and shut the door behind him.

PAIGE: Ohhh heartbreaking! PS! Are all your friends gay? Because Mama's going to need some candy cane if she's going to hang around the chocolate palace for awhile.

I didn't know what my sister said, but I felt vomit rising up my esophagus.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Rent Apartment in Queens can provides you the ways to find Apartments for Rent without spending money to a middleman, such as a real estate broker or apartment rental service. You
can use a variety of these methods together or on their own, the bottom line is getting the apartment you want, for the rent you want to pay, in the area of Queens where you want to live.

opendoor said...

Georgia Home Inspections include both residential,
and commercial as well as new construction, multi-units, condos, manufactured homes, pre-listing
inspections, and 11th month inspections on new construction warranties.