Sunday, April 8, 2012

Let's Make a Deal

Hi, my name is Ben.

PAUL:  Have a seat, Ben.

I'm not the biggest fan of Paul, but anything that gets me out of the cell is fine by me.

ME:  Paul, please, you have to get me out of here.
PAUL:  Well, that's what I'm here to talk to you about.
ME:  You finally figured out that I didn't know anything about what Bart was going to do?  Because Nathan actually just found out that Billy--
PAUL:  Nathan is what I'm here to talk to you about.

Uh oh.

I've learned, over time, that whenever anybody wants to talk to me about my husband, it's not because they're his biggest fan.

ME:  What about Nathan?
PAUL:  We think he may have been involved with Bart.
ME:  So first you think I'm involved with Bart and now Nathan--
PAUL:  We don't necessarily believe you were involved with Bart.
ME:  Then why am I here?
PAUL:  We thought that initially, but we've since believed that you may have been framed.
ME:  Framed by who?

Silence.

ME:  Nathan?

Is he saying my husband framed me?

PAUL:  I'm saying your husband framed you.

Is that even--

Oh what am I saying?

I'm married to Nathan.

ME:  Why am I still here if you think I've been framed?
PAUL:  Because we don't know that for sure.  You'd have to help us prove it.
ME:  And how would I do that?
PAUL:  Well, there's really only one way.

And then the drop--

PAUL:  We need you to help us get Nathan.

They want to swap me for my husband.

No comments: