Monday, April 9, 2012

Hot Potato

Hi, my name is Nathan.

JEREMY:  It's Billy.

Great.  More news from the front.

Jeremy showed up at my house uninvited all atwitter because Joey got Billy riled up about his alleged affair with Bart.

Meanwhile, I had bigger issues on my hands.

ME:  They let Ben out of jail.
JEREMY:  What?  That's great!  When did this happen?
ME:  Today.  He cut a deal.
JEREMY:  Is it because they heard about Billy and the check and Ritchie--
ME:  It's because he sold me out.
JEREMY:  He--wait, what?

I got the phone call letting me know that my husband was released but I was now under investigation.  Apparently Ben knew something, and whatever he knew, he told to Paul, that miserable hostage negotiator-turned-investigator.

JEREMY:  What could Ben have told Paul about you?
ME:  I don't know!  That I'm a bad cook?
JEREMY:  Nathan, this is serious.  You need to talk to Ben.
ME:  I can't.  He's disappeared.
JEREMY:  Disappeared?
ME:  Or they're hiding him from me.
JEREMY:  This is getting really out of hand.
ME:  Jeremy, somebody's already been jailed and now they're coming after me.  I'd say this got out of hand a long time ago.

I sat down on my couch wondering whether or not I should just skip town.

Jeremy sat next to me and put his hand on my hand.

I forgot how comforting he can be when I don't have a husband that's in love with him.

JEREMY:  It's going to be okay, Nathan.

My head was on his shoulder, and then my lips were up against his neck...

JEREMY:  Nathan--
ME:  Sshh...

We fell back down onto the couch, and before I knew it, I wasn't thinking about leaving.

The complete opposite of that, in fact.

No comments: