Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Man with the Gun

Hi, my name is Billy.

JEREMY:  Davis, we need to get out of here.

The show is about to start.

Ritchie, Eli, and myself were driving around downtown looking for Davis when my phone rang.  Hank, Ben, and Jackson were at Slice where the big screen behind the bar was now playing the newest episode of "Bart Goes Wilde."

DAVIS:  I just spritzed my entire body with two hundred dollar cologne.  I'm not going anywhere.

Bart must have set up a live camera Davis' place, because everybody at the bar was watching.

BEN:  None of them should be there.  Bart could show up any minute.
JACKSON:  Maybe we should go--
RITCHIE:  That doesn't make any sense.  They just have to get Davis moving.

I had a bad feeling it might already be too late.

NATHAN:  Are you aware that the show is Bart?
CARTER:  And that Bart is Wilde?
DAVIS:  Oh come on, it's Bart.  He's not that kinky.
JEREMY:  You mean you knew he was coming?

Knock, Knock.

Everybody at the bar gasped.

DAVIS:  That's probably him.
JEREMY:  Davis, he's crazy.  He's the one who shot Ben at the pageant.
DAVIS:  I know.
ALL:  You know?
DAVIS:  I saw him.  I mean, I thought I saw Cal, but when Bart called me today--it was him.  He cut his hair like Cal.  He was wearing--
NATHAN:  We get it.  Spitting image.
JEREMY:  Why didn't you say--
DAVIS:  I thought I was going crazy, but now I know I wasn't.  Bart called today wanting a 'date.' 
CARTER:  He wants to kill you.
DAVIS:  Something tells me I think I can take him.
NATHAN:  This is a guy who has SHOT people, Davis.
DAVIS:  I have a plan.
JEREMY:  Oh God.

The crowd in the bar was getting bigger.  Half the people probably thought it was a reality show--but then again, everybody knows Davis.

He walked across his apartment and opened the door.  There was Bart--

BART:  Hello boys.

--Holding a gun.

ELI:  Somebody call the police.
HANK:  I'm on it.
ME:  Great.  Now this can turn into a hostage situation.
RITCHIE:  Let's hope Davis really does have a plan.
BEN:  And that plan involved Bart bringing firearms.

Bart shut the door, and the four guys backed up a few steps.

BART:  Did you really think I was okay with losing Joey?
JEREMY:  That's what this is all about?  Joey?
BART:  Maybe it wasn't when I thought I could get him back, but there's no chance of that now.
CARTER:  That's not our fault, Bart.  This guy Skyler--
BART:  Shut up!  I don't want to hear your excuses.
NATHAN:  You've been Wilde this whole time?
BART:  Of course not!
DAVIS:  There never has been just one Wilde.  It's always been something that's been passed around.  Bart just made that less of a secret.
BART:  Aren't you smart, Davis?
DAVIS:  After all, why would you report on your own boyfriend screwing around on you?
CARTER:  Because he's crazy?
JEREMY:  Carter, let's not call the man with the gun crazy.

Hank got off the phone with the police.

HANK:  They're on their way.
ELI:  Maybe if we called Jeremy and told him to tell Bart--
BEN:  He'd shoot them all and make a run for it?
ELI:  Good point.

Bart was pacing back and forth like a caged animal.

BART:  There's only one thing to do.

He pointed his gun at Davis.

BART:  You ruined my life, Davis.  Mine and so many others.
JEREMY:  So this is what you're going to do?  Kill Davis and let everybody watch?
BART:  What are you talking about?
NATHAN:  You put a camera in here.  They're playing all of this right now at Slice.
BART:  What?
DAVIS:  And at Prisms.  And--well, you get the point.

That was it.  That was Davis' plan.

DAVIS:  Hurt any one of us and they're going to play this tape at your trial.  They won't even need to use it for evidence.  It's pretty much a confession anyway.

Everybody cheered.

RITCHIE:  Now THAT's John Davis.

But Bart didn't drop the gun.

BART:  I guess in that case I've got nothing to lose.

He aimed the gun at Davis just as there was a knock at the door.

HANK:  The police.

Jeremy ran at Bart and knocked him down, throwing the gun onto the floor.

JEREMY:  Nathan, grab it!

Nathan ran for the gun, but Bart tossed Jeremy off him and rammed right into Nathan.  The gun went flying to the left.  Carter ran for it, but Bart was up and right behind him.

The door flew open as Davis was running towards Bart, knocking him out of the way.  The police came in with guns poised as Carter held up the gun.

That was when the police fired.

RITCHIE:  CARTER!

...And then there was silence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GASP!