Friday, May 15, 2009

A Live Show

Hi, my name is Nathan.

JEREMY: He's not answering his phone.
CARTER: Maybe he already--
JEREMY: Shut up, Carter!

The three of us were racing to try and get to Davis before Wilde did. We left Cal with the police back at the hotel, and then separated to try and get to Davis at any of the places he could be.

The trouble was that it was around midnight on a Saturday, and that meant Davis could be anywhere.

JEREMY: We're almost there.

Carter, Jeremy, and I were heading towards his apartment. Ben, Jackson, and Hank were going to try Slice. Ritchie, Eli, and Billy were going to drive around the downtown area and see if they could find his car.

It all felt hopeless, but we had to try.

JEREMY: I can't believe we didn't see it.
ME: Who could have known?
CARTER: Now it all makes sense.

Wilde. We know who Wilde is...

-- EARLIER --

HANK: I couldn't say anything.
JEREMY: Of course you could have! Now look what's happened!
BEN: Nothing's happened yet.
CAL: But it will.
BILLY: That's why he wanted to come tonight. He wanted us to see him one last time before he did something horrible.
ELI: That weird look in his eye.
RITCHIE: I still can't believe it. Bart is Wilde?

----------

Bart is Wilde.

Jeremy's phone rang.

JEREMY: Hello?
CARTER: Is it--?
ME: Carter! Be quiet.
JEREMY: Thank God. Where are you? Okay. We'll be right there.

He hung up.

ME: Was it Davis?
JEREMY: He's at my apartment. He and Paige decided to watch a movie.
ME: That's great. Bart doesn't even know where you live now.
JEREMY: I know, we lucked out.

Then my phone rang.

ME: Hello?
HANK: It's me.
ME: How can we help you, Benedict?
HANK: Not the time.
ME: Why?
HANK: We're at Slice.
ME: And?
HANK: I think you guys should get down here.
ME: Do you even care that Davis is all right?
HANK: I know he's all right.
ME: How?
HANK: Because I'm watching him right now.
ME: What are you talking about?
HANK: He's on the big screen at Slice. They're running a livefeed off of Wilde's Blog. Bart's narrating the whole thing.
ME: Narrating what? He's just watching a movie with Paige.
HANK: Oh? Is that what he told you?
JEREMY: Uh...

I looked over at Jeremy, who was looking at his phone.

ME: What?
JEREMY: I just got a text from Paige. She said she'll be out with friends for the night.
ME: So then--
HANK: He lied, because he didn't want to say what he's really doing.
ME: Which is what?
HANK: From the looks of it--waiting for some hot date to come over.
ME: Oh no.
HANK: Guess who I think that hot date might be?

I pushed down on the gas and the car revved forward.

CARTER: Nathan! What are you doing!
ME: We're still heading to Davis'!
CARTER: Why?
ME: Because that's where he is! And Bart's about to join him--on camera.
JEREMY: RUFKM?
ME: Nope.

We were about to make our final appearance on the Wilde Blog.

No comments: