Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Truce

Hi, my name is Jeremy.

ME: I'm sorry.

I never apologize.

JOEY: Oh.

But I guess there's a first time for everything.

Joey was sitting on the couch when I went to pick up Davis for a night out. He and I hadn't spent any quality time together, and we thought it would be a good idea to have a bff's night out.

When I got there, he was in the shower, so Joey let me in. He went back to watching t.v. on the couch, and we experienced a rather awkward silence until I sat down next to him and--

ME: I'm sorry.

--there it was.

JOEY: You don't have to--
ME: Yes, I really do. I was jealous of you, and that was more of the reason I started this whole...thing...moreso than the fact that I found what you did morally corrupt. I mean, I'm friends with Davis; if I really had a problem with immorality I would have cut ties with him a long time ago.

Joey laughed.

JOEY: So why were you jealous?
ME: Because for the first time I saw my best friend care about someone more than me.
JOEY: He doesn't though.
ME: No, trust me, he does.
JOEY: Jeremy, I have to tell you something--

But before he could, Davis come out of the bathroom--not wearing a towel, of course.

ME: I'd look away but it's been so long, my eyes are protesting.
DAVIS: Soak it in, baby.
ME: Okay, now I can look away. Get dressed.
DAVIS: How long do I have before you two start clawing at each other?
ME: Actually, we just called a truce.
DAVIS: Excellent. I'll hand out the lollipops after I get back.

Then he went into his room.

ME: So what did you have to tell me, Joey?
JOEY: Oh...um...never mind.

I gave him a hug and went into the kitchen to get some pre-clubbing cereal.

Normally I'd be more curious about what he had to say, but truth be told, I already knew.

No comments: