Tuesday, March 4, 2008

So Over It

Hi, my name is Joey.

DAVIS: I have something to tell you.

I'm about to jump out of this car.

Davis had to come pick me up, because I was drunk as all hell and so was everybody else except Jeremy, who won't give me a ride home because of Davis.

Um, so yeah...

I was in Davis' car, and in that moment...

I was over it.

This happens to me sometimes. It happened with Bart. It happened with guys before Bart. And now it was happening with Davis.

DAVIS: So did you have fun tonight?
ME: Um...yeah...

I know we'd agreed not to see each other, but both of us knew that we'd end up back together again--except now I was sure that wasn't going to happen.

As a matter of fact, I didn't even want to be in the car with him anymore.

ME: You know what, Davis, why don't I just walk?
DAVIS: Walk? Are you kidding?
ME: I could use the air.
DAVIS: Joey, it's freezing outside.
ME: Cold air makes me happy!
DAVIS: What's wrong with you?
ME: I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS CAR!

I couldn't help it. I felt like I was suffocating. Once I'm over somebody, I don't even want to be around them anymore.

So I jumped.

That's right. I jumped out of a moving car.

But I mean...

It wasn't even moving that fast.

Once I was on the street, and then back on feet, I started to run. I didn't even look behind me. I could imagine Davis parked in the middle of the street with a puzzled looked on his face wondering what happened.

In the end, they all look the same.

No comments: