Saturday, March 15, 2008

Leona Lewis, Angel of Death

Hi, my name is Ben.

LEONA LEWIS: Hi Ben.

Apparently I'm dead.

LEONA: No, you're not dead.
ME: Then why am I here?
LEONA: Because you and I need to have a talk.
ME: I don't get it. You're not dead either.
LEONA: I just took on the image of Leona Lewis. I'm actually the Angel of Death.
ME: Oh great.

I looked around. I was in Billy's dorm room.

ME: What am I doing here?
LEONA: Ben, you're going to use what's happened to you as an opportunity to change your life.
ME: Um, okay...
LEONA: Look at Billy.

All of a sudden, there he was--on his bed--crying into his pillow.

LEONA: After a night of emotional push-and-pull from you.
ME: Hey, it's not like we were married.

Then we were in Jeremy's room. He was lying on his bed as well, staring up at the ceiling.

LEONA: And then there's Jeremy, the night you stabbed him in the back.
ME: All's fair in love and gay sex.

Finally, we were outside the club--that night. And I could see myself telling off the guys. I admit, I looked pretty hammered.

LEONA: Not a pretty sight, is it?
ME: I just spoke the truth.
LEONA: Oh, you did, did you? Well then, how's this for truth?

All I could feel was heat--strong heat.

LEONA: If you don't change your ways, things aren't going to go so well for you, Ben.

I saw an old man sitting at a bar, drinking a beer, alone.

ME: God, tell me that's not--
LEONA: Shape up, kiddo.

I don't care what they say
I'm in love with you


VOICE: I think he's waking up.

Keep bleeding
I keep, keep bleeding


VOICE: Jeremy, turn off the radio.

My eyes are opened. Nathan, Billy, and Jeremy are all standing at my bed.

ME: What...
NATHAN: It's okay, sweetie. Just relax.
BILLY: You were in an accident.
ME: I...oh God...

I closed my eyes, but I could hear Nathan's voice, asking me--

NATHAN: Ben, do you remember who did this to you?

And I did. But I'd already made the decision.

I wasn't going to tell.

No comments: