Monday, March 24, 2008

Outed

Hi, my name is Eli.

WILDE: Tick Tock, Eli.

Time to put a stop to this.

I went to the hospital to see Ben, and by see I mean, smother him with a pillow.

When I got there, I expected to find him weak and immobile, but instead, he was sitting up eating yogurt.

Hmm, I thought, maybe I could just stick a syringe in his--

BEN: Hey Eli.
ME: Ben!

Or should I say Wilde?

BEN: What are you doing here?
ME: I thought we could have a little talk.
BEN: Sure, but I'm about to be released.
ME: Oh, don't count your chickens--

Just then, my phone rang.

ME: Hold that thought.
BEN: What thought?
ME: Exactly.

I answered.

BILLY: Eli?
ME: What is it, Billy? I'm kind of busy.
BILLY: Did you know you're in the Wilde Blog?
ME: Huh?
BILLY: The newest entry was just posted.

I looked over at Ben.

ME: Have you had internet access in here?
BEN: Eli, I got hit by a car--

Dammit!

BILLY: Wow.
ME: What does it say?
BILLY: It says you're...um...
ME: Billy?
BILLY: This is awkward.
ME: Just say it!
BILLY: It says you're RI's hottest closet case.

Oh f**k me.

BILLY: And there's a reward to anyone who can prove they've slept with you.
ME: WHAT?

I was out of there. I could hear Ben calling after me, but I had bigger fish to fry.

It didn't matter anymore if I found Wilde. Right now I had to do something else.

Damage control.

No comments: