Friday, March 28, 2008

Captured

Hi, my name is Ben.

NATHAN: We need to talk.

I'm a dead man.

I guess I shouldn't joke around with the word "dead" considering all that's happened, but as much as I'd like to think that Old Ben is long gone, the truth is he's alive and well.

After the accident, I decided to look at everything as a new start. Everyone at school hated me for what I said that night at the club, so I just pretended like I didn't remember it, and then everything was fine.

For the most part, I'm the type of guy people want to like, and now they could keep on liking me and everything would be great.

NATHAN: Everything's great.

Except for the fact that Nathan is determined to tie me down.

NATHAN: I want you to be my boyfriend, Ben.

The word "boyfriend" kind of puts me off. I'm not even entirely sure I'm going to be gay forever yet, so how can I make any kind of a commitment to someone?

So I said--

ME: Okay.

Don't ask me why. I guess it's just something New Ben has to do.

NATHAN: Amazing. I'll go put up an away message about it.

Part of me really hopes that Nathan understands how I am, and what that means in relation to dating me...

That must be the part that had the concussion.

No comments: