Friday, March 21, 2008

The New Boy in Town

Hi, my name is Joey.

NATHAN: Joey, do you need help with that?

I'm in love.

It happened at rehearsal.

Nathan and I were going over a dance move for the musical when it hit me.

He's got the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen.

And I was all like, whoa...whose that voice speaking in italics?

Then it hit me.

I'm in love with Nathan Sinclair.

NATHAN: So you think you got it?
ME: Love.
NATHAN: What?
ME: Yes, I love the steps.
NATHAN: Cool. It'll be a lot easier to do the number when Ben's back.
ME: Oh, that's right. You like Ben.
NATHAN: I more than like him.
ME: Really?
NATHAN: Yeah. Seeing him handle what's happened to him with such poise and--
ME: Bullshit.
NATHAN: Huh?
ME: That it took me so long...to get the steps.
NATHAN: Don't be so hard on yourself.

He patted me on the shoulder.

Then he smiled at me.

Angels gave birth to little turtles named Fred.

NATHAN: So how are you and that guy Davis doing?

Oh right, I'm seeing someone...sort of...

ME: We're doing...um...it's weird.
NATHAN: I've been there before.

Touch me with your aura, please.

ME: Have you?
NATHAN: Sure. My feeling is, when you're meant to be with someone, you just know it.

And I knew it.

Oh boy, did I know it.

No comments: