Saturday, April 10, 2010

Security

Hi, my name is Hank.

ME: I'm begging you not to go to this.

I fear for Davis' life.

Jeremy and I went to Slice to try and convince him not to go to Pride.

Obviously, he wasn't thrilled with this idea.

DAVIS: I've been going to Pride since I was fifteen.
JEREMY: Davis, you might not make it to thirty if you go this year.
DAVIS: I had no intention of ever acknowledging thirty anyway.
ME: We're serious. A lot of people are angry with you right now.
JEREMY: Plus Nathan and the Crazy Christian Sexual Liberation Unit from RIC have been protesting Pride all week.
DAVIS: Good. I just love bad publicity.

He started to head down to the dance floor. Nowadays, as his security adviser, I don't even like him going into the club anymore.

It's just too risky.

ME: Davis, I'm putting my foot down. If I'm your security guy, then you have to let me do my job. You cannot go to Pride. I won't be able to keep a good enough eye on you.

Davis smiled, and put his hand on my arm.

DAVIS: Well, when you put it to me that way--you're fired.

And he walked away.

JEREMY: Hank, he doesn't know--
ME: You heard what he said, Jeremy.

He's on his own.

No comments: