Saturday, April 3, 2010

Graduation

Hi, my name is Jeremy.

JACKSON: I can't believe you're leaving me in this school for another year.
ME: Maybe if somebody hadn't taken a year off to bed every bartender in Europe, they'd be graduating too.
JACKSON: I'd say it was worth it, but I'll just wait until you're depressed and show you the photo album.

I'm about to graduate college.

The family was gathered on the baseball field near the quad. Joan was being her normal, reserved self.

JOAN: My baby! My baby! My little baby!
JACKSON: Great. She's launching into 'Sophie's Choice.'
JOAN: My favorite son!
JACKSON: Yup, there it is.

Paige wasn't speaking to me.

ME: I guess I'm not going to get a 'Congratulations.'
PAIGE: When you give me the new password to the Wilde Blog, you will.
ME: Guess that's a 'No' then.

When Jackson and I found out that our sister was the new Wilde, we immediately forced her to give us the password. We changed it, then waited for the blog to die, but someone was still updating it.

JACKSON: Why don't you just tell us who your co-conspirator is?
ME: It can't be Adam. The blog was updated when he was out with us the other night.
PAIGE: I'll never tell.
JACKSON: Please, you talk shit in your sleep. We'll get it out of you.
VOICE: Hey!

I turned around to see Ritchie running towards me holding a book.

ME: Ritchie, you didn't actually buy one of those over-priced yearbooks, did you?
RITCHIE: No, I bought something a LOT better.

He handed me the book.

ME: 'Gossip and the Gays: A Life in Providence?'
RITCHIE: Did you know Davis was writing this?
ME: Davis WROTE something?
RITCHIE: It's dedicated to you.
ME: Aww, that's so--
RITCHIE: It's filled with everything that's happened over the past two years.
ME: That's impossible. Davis is incredibly private.
VOICE: Not when there's six figures on the table.

Davis had me in a hug, before I could even turn around to look at him.

ME: Davis, you didn't.
DAVIS: They're already talking about an HBO series.
JACKSON: Am I in that?
DAVIS: Don't worry. I changed your name.

Jackson grabbed the book from me and flipped through it.

JACKSON: You changed my name to 'Jason?' Everyone's going to know that's me!
DAVIS: Only the people who buy the book. That's the point.

Jackson stormed off.

RITCHIE: Davis, I hope you know that between this and closing down Prisms, you're now the most hated guy in Providence.
ME: Ritchie, don't exaggerate.
RITCHIE: Oh, I'm not. Check the Wilde Blog.

Ritchie started walking towards the quad.

ME: Davis, I think maybe you've gone--
DAVIS: Too far? Please, when do I not?

He gave me a hug, and a kiss on the cheek.

DAVIS: I'm proud of you.

Love him or hate him, he's still my best friend.

Hopefully that target on him isn't too big...

No comments: