Monday, April 5, 2010

Brothers and Sisters

Hi, my name is Jackson.

JOAN: I was going to tell you.

We're having a family meeting.

PAIGE: When? On your deathbed?
ME: Don't be ridiculous, Paige. She's not mortal.
JOAN: I'm having just as hard a time with this as you all are.
JEREMY: I severely doubt that, Mom. We were blind-sided.
JOAN: I knew you wouldn't take it well.

Paige started to cry--again.

PAIGE: Do you know who my family is?

Jeremy grabbed Paige.

JEREMY: WE are your family. So what if we're not blood? Jackson and I are identical twins, and we were like strangers until last year.
ME: Way to open up that old wound, Jeremy.
JEREMY: Paige, we are your brothers, and we love you.
PAIGE: But I need to know where I came from!
JOAN: You came from an adoption agency. There, that was easy.

She finished off her Death on the Gulf Stream.

JEREMY: I need ice cream.
PAIGE: I'll drive. Maybe I'll see a nice tree I can crash into.

She went into her room to get her coat. Joan pulled Jeremy and I close to her.

JOAN: I may have lied.
ME: May have?
JOAN: About not knowing who Paige's family is--
JEREMY: So tell her.
JOAN: I can't.
ME: Why not?
JOAN: Because she already knows one of them. So do you?
JEREMY: What are you talking about?
JOAN: Paige has a brother. A biological brother. And he's one of your friends.

Oh great.

Paige is related to another CBQ.

No comments: