Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tussle

Hi, my name is Billy.

DAVIS: Are you crashing at my place tonight?
ME: I didn't know you had room for me with Jeremy's bff staying with you.
DAVIS: Ohhhh someone's jealous.

Not only am I jealous, I can't figure out who I'm jealous for...of...whatever.

I've just about given up on Jeremy, and now I'm starting to see Davis in a new light. The way he took charge with the Carter situation was just so...hot.

Now we were back at his apartment, and he was inviting me to spend the night.

This could get sticky.

DAVIS: So are you staying?

...Bad choice of words.

ME: I don't live that far.
DAVIS: Suit yourself.
ME: BUT!

That was way too forceful.

ME: ...I could use a drink.
DAVIS: A real drink?
ME: No, root beer's fine.
DAVIS: Wow.
ME: What?
DAVIS: Nothing. I'm just...meeting a lot of people who like root beer lately.

When we got up to his apartment, someone was waiting for us by the door.

ME: Jeremy?
JACKSON: Try again.
ME: Sorry. I'm getting better at it.
JACKSON: You're really not.
ME: Yeah, you're right.

Davis looked downright furious.

DAVIS: Jackson--you didn't text!
JACKSON: I wanted to be a surprise...Surprise.

Uh, hang on a second.

ME: Why are you here? And why would he text you, Davis? Are you two--?

Just then, the door opened and Ray, Jeremy's friend from New York, poked his head out.

RAY: Are we having a party out here? Cause just an fyi, the liquor's inside.
DAVIS: Yeah, why don't we bring this out of the hallway?

So we all went outside, and Davis took Jackson into the bedroom to have what sounded like a rather loud discussion.

I did manage to catch parts of it.

DAVIS: --we were through?
JACKSON: --tired--sexually frustrated--so what?
DAVIS: --get rid of--Billy.

So much for that chance at happiness. Davis was hooking up with Jackson, which is sooo creepy considering it's basically hooking up with Jeremy, but with a tool instead of a genuinely nice guy...who I happen to hate at the moment.

Ray came into Davis' living room with two glasses.

ME: Thanks, but I don't--
RAY: Root beer, okay?
ME: Wow, good guess.
RAY: What are you talking about? It was the only thing in the fridge that was non-alcoholic.
ME: Oh, well, it'll do.

Ray sat down across from me.

RAY: So did you come here for a tussle?
ME: Excuse me?
RAY: With Davis?
ME: No. I just--wanted a drink.
RAY: So you're not upset that he's been hooking up with your lost love's twin?
ME: I'm upset for Jeremy. He'd be pissed if he found out.
RAY: Are you going to tell him?
ME: Mind if I ask you a question?

He leaned back and crossed his legs like Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct.

RAY: Fire away.
ME: How long do you plan on staying?
RAY: Until I get what I want.
ME: Which is?
RAY: Take a guess.

I stood up.

ME: Jeremy's not going back to New York. This is his home.
RAY: And do you think he's happy here?
ME: I know he is.
RAY: Yes, why wouldn't he be? With such nice friends. A bunch of bitches who screw everyone but him.
ME: Hey, I wanted to screw him, but he didn't--I mean--never mind!

I picked up my coat and headed for the door.

RAY: If you want him, you better stop playing games.
ME: WHO'S PLAYING? I WANT HIM! HE DOESN'T WANT ME!

Wow, I never heard myself say that out loud before. It was pretty...

It was hard to hear, even coming from me.

ME: He doesn't want me. So...yeah...take him, if you want. Go ahead.
RAY: Oh, you're not even going to put up a fight? Well, that's no fun.

I walked back up to him.

ME: That shirt--is it expensive?
RAY: Of course.
ME: And are you drinking red wine?
RAY: Of course.
ME: Excellent.

I took his glass, threw it on his shirt, and walked out before he could say anything about it.

Maybe I wanted to tussle after all.

No comments: