Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jackson

Hi, my name is Jackson.

DAVIS:  Well, if it isn't the Pariah.

I don't believe we've met.

ME:  Can I come in?
DAVIS:  Can I say 'No'?
ME:  You can say it, but it doesn't mean I'll listen.
DAVIS:  By all means.

I decided to visit Davis at his loft to make sure there were no hard feelings after what happened at the RI-TRI meeting.  The other queers on the board may not realize it, but without Davis there was no RI-TRI, like it or not.

Plus, I had some other plans for the King of Providence.

ME:  You going to offer me a drink?
DAVIS:  I keep forgetting how much you're not like your brother.
ME:  I'm surprised you recognized me when I showed up.
DAVIS:  You don't smile like Jeremy.
ME:  How do I smile?
DAVIS:  Like you've caught whatever mouse Jeremy hasn't.
ME:  I like that.

Davis and I sat down on the couch.

ME:  I'll tell you why I came.
DAVIS:  Please do.  What drink would you like?
ME:  It doesn't matter what I drink.  It matters what you drink.
DAVIS:  Why?
ME:  Because I want you pleasant so we can talk business.
DAVIS:  I can talk business without being pleasant.
ME:  Fine.  Then I want you pleasant so we can have fun after we talk business.

He laughed.

DAVIS:  Are you hitting on me?
ME:  Haven't you ever wanted to see Jeremy naked?
DAVIS:  What makes you think I haven't?
ME:  I know my brother.
DAVIS:  Good, then maybe you can explain him to me.

He got up and went into the kitchen to make my drink, I assumed.

DAVIS:  Ever since he got back from New York, he's been acting strange.
ME:  He's always strange.
DAVIS:  Don't go bashing him.
ME:  Who's bashing?
DAVIS:  What's the business?

I stood up.

ME:  I want you to help me with RI-TRI.
DAVIS:  Fat chance.
ME:  Are you referring to the Vice-Chair?
DAVIS:  Paola has a glandular problem.
ME:  I want you to be Vice-Chair.
DAVIS:  You want me to demote myself after I've already quit?  Are you insane?
ME:  I want you to do what's best for the greater good.
DAVIS:  I am the greater good.  There is no greater good than me.
ME:  Is that your mantra?
DAVIS:  That's a fact.

I approached him.  He handed me my drink.

ME:  I'll tell you what.  You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.
DAVIS:  No thanks.  I don't like boys who leave claw marks.

He walked back over to the couch.  This was going to be trickier than I thought, but I knew where he held his aces.

ME:  I can find out what's going on with Jeremy.  I can figure out what happened in New York.
DAVIS:  Get off it, Jackson.  He doesn't talk to you.
ME:  If I take the mouse out of my mouth first he does.

Davis smiled.  I walked over and stood over him.

ME:  Help me with RI-TRI, and I'll have your best friend back to normal in no time.
DAVIS:  You think that's worth me humiliating myself?
ME:  Well, I'm willing to throw in something else to sweeten the deal.

I climbed onto his lap and put my arms around his neck.

DAVIS:  Jackson--
ME:  Tell me to get off and I will.
DAVIS:  This isn't right.
ME:  Tell me to get off and--
DAVIS:  Telling you to get off might give you an even worse idea.

There was a knock on the door.

ME:  Maybe that's Jeremy now.
DAVIS:  Jesus Christ.

He pushed me off him and went to the door.  It was even better than Jeremy.

BILLY:  Hey Davis, sorry but I had to talk and--

He caught sight of me and I waved.

BILLY:  Jeremy?
DAVIS:  Jackson.  You'll learn to tell the difference.
ME:  I'm the one who looks like I've gotten what I wanted.

Davis turned back to Billy.

BILLY:  Oh, well, hi Jackson.  Um, is this--
ME:  A bad time?  Worse.  It's an awful time.  We were just doing RI-TRI stuff.
BILLY:  Davis, I thought you quit RI-TRI.
ME:  I was trying to talk him into coming back onto the board.
BILLY:  Is it working?
ME:  I don't know, Davis.  Is it?

Davis looked at me, then back at Billy.

DAVIS:  You'd better come back later, Billy.  Or maybe just call.
BILLY:  Oh...um...sure.

Billy took off and Davis closed the door.

ME:  Does this mean we have a deal?
DAVIS:  Start stripping.  I'll meet you in the bedroom.

He started unbuttoning his shirt and went into the next room.

It seems my brother and I were about to have one less thing in common.

I was going to get one more thing he wanted.

No comments: