Sunday, February 17, 2008

We Have to Be Something

Hi, my name is Joey.

DAVIS: Why is it right before you give me head, you always have to talk about relationships?

Dating Davis is...not always easy.

We were laying in his bed watching tv, and he had started to kiss my neck, which drives me absolutely insane. But the truth is, I was getting a little bored with all this. It just seemed like it wasn't going towards anything.

I shared my concerns with Davis.

Typically, he wanted to avoid the subject.

ME: Davis, I want something with substance.
DAVIS: You had someone with substance. Then you broke up with him to have sex with. So clearly, substance isn't what you're looking for.
ME: I broke up with Bart because things weren't working, and this isn't working either.
DAVIS: It's working fine. We have our lives, we have good sex; what more could you want?
ME: I want you to be my boyfriend.

He looked as if I just shot a puppy in front of him.

DAVIS: That's not fair. You always knew that wasn't in the cards.
ME: Is it really though? Is it really not in the cards at all?
DAVIS: I'm sorry, but...Not at all. No. I like you a lot, Joey, but...I am who I am.

That did it for me. It's one thing to have a fear of commitment. It's another to embrace that fear with a great big bear hug and give it a kiss on the lips.

I got out of bed and started putting my clothes on.

DAVIS: What are you doing?
ME: I'm leaving. I'm not sleeping next to someone who doesn't even want to call me his boyfriend.
DAVIS: I can't believe you actually want to jump into another relationship so fast!
ME: I'm not a whore, Davis. I don't just sleep with someone over and over again without any reason to.
DAVIS: I'm sorry. Is 'fun' no longer a reason?
ME: No, you're exactly right, it isn't a reason. Not any more.

Part of me hoped he would stop me before I got out of the apartment, but when I finally walked back into my own, I knew that was never in the cards.

Davis doesn't chase after you. Davis doesn't fall in love. Davis doesn't have boyfriends.

So why do I want Davis so badly?

No comments: