Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just When You Need Her The Most

Hi, my name is Jackson.

VOICE: He's waking up.

The last thing I remember is throwing open the door to the bus--

ME: Jeremy?
JEREMY: I'm here.
ME: Is--everybody--
JEREMY: Just try and rest, Jackson.
PAIGE: You've been through a lot.
JEREMY: Dad's here.

Now I wish they had left me in the water.

ME: Why do I feel like a truck ran me over?
PAIGE: You've been through a lot. Major surgery.
JEREMY: They had to do a transplant.
PAIGE: More than one.

Jeremy and Paige explained to me that the doctors had given them the choice of taking Mom off life-support so that they could harvest her organs for me.

ME: Wow. I can't believe Mom's really gone.
JEREMY: Uh...
ME: What?
PAIGE: We couldn't find her.
ME: Huh?
JEREMY: We couldn't find her.

Couldn't find her? She's a vegetable!

God, how I wish I could scream.

Apparently, her body just disappeared from the hospital. Something tells me Dad was involved.

JEREMY: The important thing is that they managed to find you organs from somebody who didn't survive the crash.
ME: Who?
PAIGE: Murray.

I have Murray inside me?

Please, hold your puns.

No comments: