Friday, March 4, 2011

It Was Exactly Like That

Hi, my name is Joey.

PATRICK: So you didn't die?

This is my ex-boyfriend.

ME: No, the water was freezing. I'm still waiting for one of my jelly beans to drop.
PATRICK: I think one of mine is floating in my brain. The whole thing was so surreal.

I've been spending a lot of time in Patrick's room while he recovers.

I don't remember much about the crash, but Patrick's been telling me about it.

PATRICK: Joey, you were amazing. You pushed open the back door and all of us got out to safety.
ME: Really? I did?
PATRICK: You were awesome. I can't believe I ever broke up with you.

I like where this is going.

PATRICK: Do you think you could ever take me back?
ME: Well--
PATRICK: I know I was--
ME: Yes!
PATRICK: Wow, that was--
ME: YES!

Now that Patrick and I are going out again, I can finally break up with him the way I was supposed to.

I just have to hope he doesn't remember that Jackson was the one who opened the back door.

Otherwise, the same guy will end up breaking up with me twice.

And I can't let that happen.

No comments: